Probiotic-rich thyroid diet food
This probiotic-rich thyroid diet food will bring you an abundance of fermented vegetables and a wonderful beverage to drink; nutritionally potent and full of beneficial bacteria to repair your digestive track. A great addition to meats and hearty stews as it eases digestion. And the best part: you can experiment with different veggies, using beets, cabbage, Brussels’s sprouts, long beans, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, carrots or pumpkin. Make it colorful!
- 1 head of cabbage, roughly cut
- medium-size beetroot, sliced
- handful of garlic cloves, peeled
- other veggies, optional: pumpkin, radish, carrots, long beans
- teaspoon of dill seeds or dill herb (fresh or dry)
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- a cup of whey kefir
- a 1-gallon or 4-liter glass, enameled or clay jar which will be your fermentation jar
- a small plate that fits into the fermentation jar
- a small glass jar, filled with water
- Combine all the vegetables and put them into the fermentation jar
- The amount of vegetables should not go beyond the half way mark on the jar
- Fill up the rest of the jar with filtered water, whey and add salt
- Float the small plate on top and submerge it with the small jar (filled with water to keep it down)
- This way the vegetables will be kept down as we don’t want them to float and get moldy
- Leave to ferment for 1-2 weeks at room temperature
- You will know the medley is ready when the vegetables are soft and tangy
- To stop the fermentation process, transfer the medley to smaller jars and keep them in the fridge; they keep well for weeks
Excellent with meats, on its own and for drinking (that brine).
One Response to Fermented Vegetable Medley – Thyroid Diet Food
Is it ok to have fermented cabbage with hypothyroid?