A Great Thyroid Diet Food is Braised Green Cabbage
This is so good and so simple. But, if you are suffering from hypothyroidism, so slow on cabbage, it does have goiterous properties so it’s best consumed only 1-2 per week and always cooked. (Keep your thyroid diet foods balanced.)
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 large yellow onion, cut to thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, chopped to round pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 chili flakes
- sea salt
- Heat the oven to 325F or 165C
- Arrange the cabbage wedges in a baking pan and scatter onion and carrot on top
- Pour stock into the baking pan
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili flakes
- Cover and bake for about 1.5 hours or till cabbage is very tender
- Take off the cover and bake for another 15 minutes for the cabbage to get crispy and brown.
For more recipes that contain thyroid nutrition foods, click here.