A Great Thyroid Diet Food is Braised Green Cabbage
This is so good and so simple. But, if you are suffering from hypothyroidism, slow on cabbage; it does have goiterous properties so it’s best consumed only 1-2 times per week and always cooked. (Keep your thyroid diet foods balanced.)
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 large yellow onion, cut to thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, chopped to round pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 chili flakes
- sea salt
- Heat the oven to 325F or 165C
- Arrange the cabbage wedges in a baking pan and scatter onion and carrot on top
- Pour stock into the baking pan
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili flakes
- Cover and bake for about 1.5 hours or till cabbage is very tender
- Take off the cover and bake for another 15 minutes for the cabbage to get crispy and brown.
For more recipes that contain thyroid nutrition foods, click here.