A colorful, flavorful dish that is filled with excellent thyroid nutrition.
Dear beetroot, I love you. Your color is majestic and uplifting. You taste good. You cleanse and nourish. Beetroot – thyroid nutrition has never tasted so good.Prep time: 15 min Serves: 4-6
- 4 large beets, peeled and grated
- 2 oranges, cut to chunks
- cup of pecan nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced thinly
- juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup unrefined extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- You can prepare the dressing up to a week in advance by whisking orange juice, cumin and olive oil together. Store in a mason jar or salad dressing cruet.
- Just before serving, beets with orange chunks, pecan nuts and chopped parsley, dress at the table to suit your tastes.
Click here to learn about common thyroid problems in women .